Sunday, June 1, 2014

Last of May Firing

It's a pretty conventional firing, just plates, bowls, some salt pigs which I've never made before and other odds and ends. Since St. Theresa has been on the rampage lately (she's my kin) I decided to fire only to cone 5. And look how lovely everything came out. It was also super careful stirring of the iron glaze. For maybe 40 minutes by hand. But it pays off in the end. What perplexes me is how it turns out brownish on the 50-50 clay body but black on the light white clay. No idea why.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you sell your pottery?, if so, where?, please do tell, I love the pot with the lid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alahl. No, sorry. Never sold a thing in my life. I give away pretty much everything, unless I need it myself, which is the case with the bowl and plates this time around. Want to trade something? Ken

      Delete
    2. OK, Sure, what would you like to trade?

      Delete
    3. What do you need from San Francisco?, You know I make finishing salts, cocktail rim salts, www.saldevidagourmet.com, Sal de gusano, cocoa salt. Also, I am going to Mexico in July, let me know if there is something you need or would like from there.

      Delete
  3. Did you ever get my card, dear sir?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, but now I don't remember why you sent it! OH, a pitcher?

      Delete